Saturday, April 21, 2012

P90X Day 5: Legs & Back

(Originally posted Jan 11, 2009)

Well, another day...another workout. And sadly, today was the first time I truly wondered whether I would be able to keep up with this program for the whole 90 days. I'm just worn out in general. But as of this point, I still refuse to give up so easily!

So today was Legs & Back day. The "back" portion really was pretty much a bunch of different pull-up variations...similar to the Chest & Back stuff from Day 1, which, as you may recall, was NOT exactly a walk in the park! After two days of definitely doable workouts, today I threw up again in the middle of the session. Also, I've never been a fan of leg workouts, if for no other reason than the fact that I've never been able to cope well with having that "jelly-leg" feeling you get. I like being able to stand, ya know? Whereas I consider it pretty easy to go 100% effort-wise on stuff like arms and shoulders, I have a difficult time maintaining morale/good form/discipline while doing a 100 different lunge and squat variations. Ugh. There were some one-legged squats as well some wall-squats which just about did me in altogether! However, for whatever reason, I do enjoy a good calf workout, and so that portion of the session was difficult AND kinda fun...thankfully :)

Other than that, not a whole lot to report. From what I recall, it sometimes take a little while longer to truly feel the results of leg or back workouts because those muscles are fairly large. We'll see whether or not tomorrow I'll be able to walk still :) 

Till then! (and my tomorrow night's booked, so it's going to have to be another fun 5:45am workout.... yee freakin' haw)

No comments:

Post a Comment