Saturday, April 21, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME Day 9: Burn Circuit 1 (again)

(Originally posted April 28, 2009)

Ok, so I officially had my first workout of week 2 today, and it was Burn Circuit 1 again. As a matter of fact, I just finished it! Anyway, I was supposed to have done this workout yesterday, but I was just absolutely exhausted. Not even sure why, but I really don't think I could have managed it if I had wanted to. It turns out to be ok though because today was technically supposed to be an "off" day anyway. 

In any case, I think Burn Circuit 1 might be my favorite of the Burn series resistance workouts. Burn Circuit 2 on the other hand, from my impression last week, is by far the least fun of the bunch...it just destroyed my lower back last time! I think part of the reason I like today's workout so much is because there's a decent amount of focus on the chest muscles, and those are pretty good at handling the slow/heavy theme of Chalean Extreme (I particularly like the slow chest fly at the end of the workout). There are a few rear deltoid exercises as well that are fairly difficult for me to do properly (I always try to lift too much here in my efforts to stay 10-25lbs ahead of Chalene herself)...but I'll just have to make a note so that next time I do something a bit more manageable. 

Well, other than that there's not too much to report. Tomorrow is Burn Circuit 2, so I'm guessing I'll be pretty worn out for that one since I won't have had a rest day in between (but Katie might be joining me, so that'll be extra motivation!). But I'll do my best to cope! 

Till then folks

No comments:

Post a Comment