Sunday, April 22, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME DAY 23: Day 2 of my P90x-style recovery week (did Yoga X)

(Originally posted May 12, 2009)


As I said before, I decided to do a P90x-style recovery week this week instead of doing another round of ChaLean's Burn Circuit. Although Burn Circuit has definitely been effective, there's not enough differentiation from workout to workout and it just gets a bit monotonous after a while.

Anyway, last night was Yoga X, which I've not done in over a month! Yoga is definitely a tough enterprise, and it definitely took a lot of getting used to when I first started P90x back in January. It also took a good bit more motivation to do than most since it clocks in at an hour and a half! That's a long workout! But even though I never really am chomping at the bit to do yoga, I've sorta missed having it in my routine since I could certainly tell the benefits it gave me in terms of strength, flexibility, balance, etc.

Last night Katie came over to do Yoga with me, and we made it about 3/4 of the way through before we bonked. Not bad since the hardest part of the workout by far is in the first 45 minutes. And I felt great afterwards. Yoga is tough, but I miss it!

Tonight I might do Kenpo Cardio Plus+

No comments:

Post a Comment