Saturday, April 21, 2012

New pre-workout supplement I'm trying: White Flood

(Originally posted March 8, 2009)

Ok, I guess I'll keep this short, but for those of you who might have any interest here is a little mini-review of a new preworkout supplement I just started trying. I had been using the pre-workout supplement that Beachbody makes with pretty good success (it's made up of green tea and a few other herbal-ish things to give you energy and stamina so that you work harder during exercise), but I decided recently to try for something with a little more fitness world street-cred. So... after doing a bit of research and looking at products like NO-Xplode and a few others, I decided to go with Controlled Lab's "White Flood." A lot of folks seem to have really good results with it--better focus, endurance, pumps, energy--and it uses a little less caffeine than some of the alternative supplements out there. 

Well after using it the past 2 days, I have to say I am deeply disappointed with it so far. Although my Beachbody supplement that I've been using makes me sweat a little bit more than I would otherwise, the "White Flood" has me pouring sweat to the point of just being annoying. I was doing Yoga yesterday and kept slipping on my mat because my hands would get too slippery, and I could barely see because of the sweat dripping into my eyes. Also, for both yesterday's and today's workout I just got incredibly tired...the exact opposite of the effect I'm supposed to get! Instead of being able to work out harder and longer, I actually wasn't even able to finish my yoga workout yesterday (which is the first time that's happened) and I had to take lots of breaks during today's Total Body Plus+. All in all, I think that Beachbody's pre-workout supplement is much better, at least for me. From everything I've read, everyone may react differently to these kinds of things. Still though, "White Flood" sadly does not get my recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment