Sunday, April 22, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME DAY 17: Burn Circuit 2 (BUT, I substituted in P90x "Legs & Back" instead)

(Originally posted May 6, 2009)

Yesterday was supposed to be Burn Circuit 2, but it didn't end up happening! Katie came over to work out last night, and we were both pretty tired...but more importantly, neither of us like the Burn Circuit 2 workout very much. For me at least, it creates too much back strain.

Anyway, in order to get a comparable workout, we decided instead to do P90x "Legs & Back", which I haven't done in weeks! Let's just say that it was a bit of an adjustment going from the slow & heavy style of ChaLean back to the frenetic pace of Tony Horton. We made it halfway through the workout before we both "bonked" and had to call it quits. Interestingly, I actually performed quite well on all the workouts in terms of my muscle strength/capability. But as far as having the endurance to keep going...just didn't happen. I think that because the Chalean workouts are typically half as long played a large part in that. Plus, the fast pace of Tony Horton's workouts usually yields some additional cardio benefit that you don't really get from ChaLean Extreme.

I felt kinda slacker-ish after not completing the workout last night...particularly since it was a workout that we were SUBSTITUTING for the workout we were supposed to do! But today it's worth noting that my legs are actually pretty dang sore. Especially the glutes. I guess I really can't complain too much then :) Tony's still got it!

Till the next update, folks :) *tonight I'm supposed to do one of my ChaLean intervals workouts. barf.

No comments:

Post a Comment