Saturday, April 21, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME Day 11: Get Lean Intervals

(Originally posted April 30, 2009)


Most all my updates these days seem to be the day after, so I apologize for that. Because I'm usually doing these workouts at night, I'm too exhausted most of the time to crank out a new "note" before heading to bed or to whatever else I might have going on.

Anyway, last night I did "Get Lean Intervals" which is one of two intervals workouts in the Chalean Extreme program (the other being "Burn Intervals" which I actually did last week). I have to say that these intervals type workouts still are some of the hardest cardio routines I've ever done outside of an organized sports setting. Thankfully "Get Lean Intervals" is a bit shorter than "Burn Intervals" as it's around 42 min instead of 47. Also, I seemed to enjoy this one a little better just in terms of the workout itself. A lot of it is fairly similar to the other intervals workout, but at the end of "Burn Intervals" you're doing a lot of pitter-pattering with your feet...football drill type stuff, and I was not a huge fan of it. There were some neat kickboxing movements in this new workout that were kind of fun though.

Oh, just as a reminder for how the intervals workouts are organized in Chalean Extreme compared to what I saw in P90x, in Chalean the exercises are broken up into cardio and light resistance segments...alternating back and forth. On the cardio stuff you're going all-out (or you're supposed to be anyway) to get your heart rate sky high...and then immediately go into a light resistance exercise for a couple of minutes to calm the heart rate back down while working on your muscular endurance. But even though you may only be using 5-10lbs for this resistance part, you'll definitely feel the burn. I had to drop down to a lower weight in the middle of an exercise more than once!

Well, not much more to report I guess. I have some concert thingy I have to sing for tonight, so it might be tricky to squeeze in Burn Circuit 3. But as these workouts are only a bit over 30 minutes, I should be able to manage it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment