Saturday, April 21, 2012

CATHE's STS: Another P90x alternative (Also, P90X PLUS dvds arrived yesterday)

(Originally posted Feb 20, 2009)

Ok, Just thought I'd let you folks know I stumbled upon another new P90x wannabe workout program that has gotten a lot of strong early feedback. If you recall, I mentioned Beachbody's new Chalean Extreme program the other week as an alternative to P90x. Both are 90 days and focus on using "muscle confusion" to deliver results.

The new program I stumbled upon though (and I haven't done much research on it at all), is Cathe's STS program. It also seems to be 90 days, and from what I've read there are a good number of folks out there who worship the ground that Cathe Freidrich walks on. And some folks who specifically prefer her workouts to Tony Horton's P90x ones. Anyway, might be worth some of you folks checking out: http://www.shopcathe.com/STS_40_DVD_Series_p/741.html


As a side note, I just received the new P90x Plus dvds in the mail yesterday. P90x Plus is comprised of some additional P90x workouts for those wanting to take it to "the next level". For me though, I mainly got it so that I could rotate them into my normal routine just to provide a little more variety. Also, the workouts are actually shorter, so that doesn't hurt! But yesterday I went ahead and took a look at a couple of the new workouts (Total Upper Body, Abs/Core Plus)....these look BRUTAL! And I mean BRUTAL!! I don't know if I'm cut out for these yet, but I plan on at least trying to incorporate these into the regular P90x program starting next week. I will keep y'all updated.



Btw, here's a little mini review comparing Chalean Extreme to Cathe's STS: http://advancedworkouts.blogspot.com/2009/02/sts-vs-chalean-extreme.html

No comments:

Post a Comment