Saturday, April 21, 2012

P90X Day 3: Shoulders & Arms

(Originally posted Jan 9, 2009)

I promised myself that I would make P90x a morning activity only so that it wouldn't interfere with my nights, but that wasn't going to happen today! Yesterday I felt rather nauseated for most of the day as a result of the plyometric madness of Day 2...but fortunately, I at least wasn't really all that sore at that point. That didn't last long though!

This morning I woke up at 5:45 to do the Shoulders and Arms routine, but all the awesomeness of 'delayed onset muscle soreness' wouldn't let me even consider it. I couldn't get out of bed. My muscles ached in places that they haven't since wrestling practices back in high school. Not that I couldn't use the extra sleep...I was exhausted anyway! 

That being said, I've committed to doing this thing, so I had to see it through by the end of the day no matter what. And that meant doing it after dinner tonight. Went out to Salsa for eats; came home and rested for a little bit so that I wouldn't throw up again..ha; and then the festivities began. Just finished as a matter of fact.

Well, this was another solid workout routine, and probably the most enjoyable so far. In other words, it was definitely doable. Actually in comparison to the preceding two days, this was a joke! Not really...but still! I had been worried that my sore muscles wouldn't really let me get through it, but the warm-up routine at the beginning worked most of the kinks out in time. There were lots of good shoulder presses and curls, as well some weird "bonus" tricep exercise at the end that I could barely even fake it was so hard. But, well, I feel good. Maybe I can do this program without dying after all! Time will tell :)

Best of all though, the night is still young. Good weekend everybody! 

Tomorrow, Russell will be introduced to Yoga. Uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment