Sunday, April 22, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME DAYS 12-15

(Originally posted May 4, 2009)


To those who've been following my updates, I apologize for not posting anything the past few days. It's been extremely busy!! I had Deltacappella gigs on Thursday and Friday, a church retreat up at Pickwick on Saturday, and then a day trip with Katie to Arkansas on Sunday. I'm definitely exhausted, and I have to say that I wasn't able to fit in every workout that I was scheduled to I'm afraid.

Thursday night was supposed to be Burn Circuit 3, but I wasn't able squeeze it in before the DC concert that night. Then on Friday, I was SUPPOSED to do one of ChaLean's cardio routines, but instead did Burn Circuit 3 to make up for missing it the night before. Saturday didn't see me workout either, but I didn't feel quite as bad about it since Saturday is technically supposed to be my "off" day anyway. And then last night I went ahead and started Week 3 by doing Burn Circuit 1 again.

Other than that, things have been going pretty well. And I can definitely see some Chalean results in certain areas...particularly muscle size. But I sadly have started slacking a wee bit in the dietary dept as well as the ab-work dept. I'm eating bigger portions than I have been and I've gotten bad about remembering to tag on the additional ab workouts after the Burn Circuits....and I have started to be able to tell! I'll have to work on a bit more self-discipline I suppose moving forward. Anyway, tonight is technically an "off" night, but I might squeeze in one of Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer cardio routines just so that I feel better for missing my workout last Thursday. We'll see.

*Lastly, next week begins Week 4 of ChaLean, which is technically just like the first 3 weeks. However, I think I might switch things up a bit by substituting in a P90x-style recovery week, which would let me do some extra core work and even some yoga which it feels like I haven't done in forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment