Saturday, April 21, 2012

P90X Day 2: Plyo X

(Originally posted Jan 8, 2009)

Seems like folks are interested in me continuing to blog about this, so here we go. Plyometrics this morning: the "mother of all P90x workouts" according to Tony, the instructor dude. I think I only ever really had to do plyometrics back in high school a wee bit for wrestling and lacrosse. Holy crap this was hard. And I admittedly dogged it towards the end. My legs were not made for 1,000 jumping reps and squats in a row :)

That being said, I survived mostly....although I took about 1hr 20 min to complete a 1hr workout. Oh well. Improvement is the name of the game. 

Also, I was supposed to the Ab Ripper video last night as an add-on to the Chest & Back stuff. It kind of was hard on my back, so I replaced it with some old school 5-day abs video I stole from my mom (that's right, my mom)....which was actually still really hard, but at least it didn't hurt! 

I can't imagine keeping this up for 90 days...but that's two down. Also, passed a big test this morning since I actually woke up! It's going to be too hard to be consistent with this stuff if I try to cram a workout in after the workday. Morning, sadly, is going to be my "go-time".

No comments:

Post a Comment