Sunday, April 22, 2012

CHALEAN EXTREME Day 18: Burn Intervals

(Originally posted May 7, 2009)


Last night was Burn Intervals again. I did this two weeks ago, and if you'll recall didn't find it a walk in the park. It's very challenging. High intensity cardio (including all sorts of plyo moves, jumping jacks, kick-boxing, etc.) juxtaposed with light-weight resistance training that's for long enough that you'll feel a huge burn with very minimal poundage!

Anyway, last night Katie came over to join me, so that helped me get through it a bit better this time. But there were still a few exercises where I had to take a quick breather to regain my composure or drop to a lighter weight. All in all, very tough stuff...and I don't know if the ChaLean interval workouts are as effective as the P90x Plus Intervals (I doubt that they are), but I think I might prefer them in so far as they're slightly more manageable intensity-wise. 'Cause remember, P90x intervals are stinkin' ridiculous!

Tonight is Burn Circuit 3, so it'll be back to lifting slow and heavy. I

No comments:

Post a Comment