Sunday, September 4, 2011

Insanity Day 9: Pure Cardio (Am I getting better? Yeah, but kill me anyway)

Pure Cardio.  Ouch.


Today was supposed to be a rather productive one, but it really ended up involving a lot of procrastination, church, and Insanity.  With this being the second time I've done this workout, I am now convinced that it officially wins the prize as being the hardest of the first month.  Fortunately, Katie is planning to join back in tomorrow to keep me company :)


As you may recall, unlike the other workouts that have periodic breaks, the intervals portion of Pure Cardio is 15 minutes of 100% intensity.  Granted, I take breaks anyway to keep from being sent unexpectedly to the ER.  


As far as how I've improved, I again did a really solid job with the 11 min warmup, which I feel pretty accomplished about.  However, the workout itself is nigh impossible to do in one go.  Just to give a bit of a taste of it, Katie happened to video a few seconds of the intervals portion (only a few minutes in).  Hopefully this will give you some sense of the masochism I'm subjecting myself to.
Thoughts for the day
Tomorrow I plan to swap out Plyo Cardio Circuit (which I actually just did yesterday too!) with one of the P90X upper body workouts.  Time to balance out things a bit and give some sanctuary from the cardio barrage of Insanity.


As far as the paleo-esque diet, I can tell this is going to be hard.   For some various health reasons I'm cutting out items like wheat, dairy, and even tomatoes.  After going to to lunch today at Foster's after church, finding something that I could actually eat and enjoy outside of a salad was a challenge!  But one that I think I'm up to.  Maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment